Here at DentaCare what is most important to all of us is to always take the very best care of our patients. Therefore, we want to share with you the measures we are taking to maintain a clean and safe environment.
Our patients are like family and as such we want to ensure that they can continue to receive needed dental care without any fear or concern. In order to accomplish this, we are continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very carefully.
Our team has had additional training to ensure our processes exceed sanitation and sterilization standards of care. We have elevated our infection control procedures in response to this time of global concern. We have taken these additional measures to provide for the safety of our patients and our team. The following are specific precautions we are taking to prevent the spread of infection.
CHANGE IN CHECK-IN PROCESS:
- Your temperature will be taken at check-in. anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be rescheduled.
- Adults, please do not bring anyone else with you to your appointment. If you are a parent bringing your child, please only bring the child with the scheduled appointment.
- Please bring a mask with you to your appointment.
- Patients will be asked to wait in their vehicles to limit the number of people in the office at one time. You will receive a call or text when the doctor is ready to see you. Only patients that are unable to wait in a vehicle are invited to use the waiting room and it is limited to two patients only.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands prior upon entering the office. Once in the treatment room you will be required to pre-rinse with OraCare.
INFECTION CONTROL PROCESS:
- Thorough sterilization and disinfection of all treatment rooms, instruments and public spaces including waiting room, restroom etc.
- Use of medical-grade disinfectant spray applied to treatment rooms after every patient is seen, including high touch areas such as chairs, counters, equipment.
- Clinical staff will be utilizing N95 masks or Level 3 surgical masks (determined by procedure being done), face shields, gloves, and isolation gowns or lab coats which will be changed after each and every patient.
- Protective barriers are placed on items such as curing lights, overhead lights, keyboards, etc.
- Sterile Instruments – dental instruments have always and will always be sterilized after every patient.
- We have communicated to our staff the need to stay home if they show symptoms such as coughing, sneezing and trouble breathing.
- Any staff member that has traveled to a CDC Level 2 or 3 region will be required to self-quarantine before returning to work, although we are highly recommending team members not travel at this time.
- We have implemented a procedure to screen patients for COVID-19 symptoms or possible exposure. The screening process is done when the appointment is made, when the appointment is confirmed and once again when the patient enters the office.
- We have increased the time between patient appointments in order to allow time for additional sanitizing as well as to limit traffic in the office.
There are also specific steps you can take to decrease your exposure to the virus. Such as:
- Regular handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Remember to wash the back of your hands as well as under your fingernails. If soap and water are not readily available use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they are dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wear a mask when going to public places.
- Practice social distancing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
For more information as well as updates please regularly check the CDC website.
We understand your decision to visit us is personal and many factors are involved. Please know that we remain committed to taking the very best care of our patients and that includes making sure you are comfortable and safe. We value the trust you put in us. We will keep you updated through this ever-changing process and look forward to taking care of you.